Day 3 of St. Patrick’s Day Extravaganza!
Today I learned a very important lesson… read the entire recipe carefully the night before or the morning of baking. No, I didn’t forget any ingredients. I had that checked off my list two days ago. What I didn’t realize was that this recipe needed 2 hours in the refrigerator. Ooops. And I discovered I had to add those two hours to my baking time just as I remembered Kai’s orthodontist appointment that I also didn’t make time for in my day. Ooops again. What I thought was going to be a quick dessert turned out to be hours in the kitchen… after the orthodontist appointment.
If you like Andes mints or Dairy Queen’s peppermint Blizzard. You’ll love this dessert. It feeds a crowd. Perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day party.
Chocolate Mint Eclairs
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||2 hours|
|Total time||2 hours, 30 minutes|
|From magazine||PIL Cookbooks|
- 1 box Whole Chocolate graham crackers
- 1 container (8 ounces) Frozen whipped Topping
- 3 cups Lowfat milk
- 2 (4-serving) packages vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 teaspoon mint or peppermint extract
- 6-8 drops green food coloring
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract